Keep your facility safe and OSHA compliant
• Crews familiarized & monitored in safety and OSHA compliance
• MSDS book, covering all the cleaning chemicals we use, kept in your janitor closet. (Take a look – do you have one now?)
• Microfiber mops for less wet floor time, better dirt removal, and less chemical introduced into your facility
• Non-skid Ecolab floor finish to limit slip/fall danger
• Green Seal certified, non-toxic and environmentally responsible cleaning chemicals from Diversey
• Periodic chemical and safety inspections of our crews and vehicles
• Periodic client facility safety inspections available, covering safety & security lighting, “Exit” sign function, proper labeling and MSDS book for any on-site chemicals, and the OSHA required monthly visual fire extinguisher inspection
• no reportable on-the-job injuries since 1997
For your protection:
CBN is proud to feature safe, environmentally preferred Green Seal certified cleaning chemicals.
Squirt bottles and pump sprayers use no propellant, so less chemical becomes airborne.
No bleach or ammonia
Chlorine bleach and ammonia are rather noxious of themselves; combined, they’re extremely poisonous. No scouring powder. Scouring powders are high pH detergents and ground pumice, often with bleach. Not good to breathe.
Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) chemicals
Eye, nose, and throat irritation, headaches, loss of coordination, nausea, and damage to liver, kidney, and central nervous system are among the noted health effects of VOC exposure (and a lot of hacking). Many cause cancer in animals, and in some cases in humans.
Limit “Slip and Fall” Liability
We feature Ecolab’s™ non-skid floor finish. Our full service program includes burnishing and refinishing resilient tile floors, certainly to enhance the appearance and extend their useful life, but more importantly because properly maintained floor finish is more effectively cleaned and sanitized, and is more slip-resistant than is bare tile.We rely on Ecolab’s “Management of Risk Exposure” (M. O. R. E.) program, including common-sense tips on prevention and response, to provide us and our customers the benefits of Ecolab’s broad experience with slip and fall accidents. You may be interested in downloading a copy of Ecolab’s Slip & Fall Safety survey. Your CBN representative will be happy to go over the results with you, offering suggestions of how to reduce your exposure to liability.
Should you have a slip & fall incident at your facility, Ecolab has available a Slip & Fall accident report form, which may help you limit liability by having a clear record of the incident. You may also link to Floor Safety Technical Data; a paper from Ecolab explaining static coefficient of friction (SCOF) and how it relates to floor safety and liability.
Diversey (formerly Johnson Wax) chemicals
• Environmentally and user friendly; generally low in VOCs
• Excellent training and safety material
• Sourcing chemicals from a single manufacturer avoids the chance of unexpected reactions between chemicals.
• The Diversey “tech team” is available 24/7 for expert technical and safety advice.
All staff familiarized and monitored in safety requirements
• Chemical safety procedures
• Proper chemical disposal
• General job safety
• OSHA guidelines
• Use of protective gear
• Blood-borne pathogen procedures
As part of our periodic quality inspections, we check janitor closets to ensure compliance with OSHA standards on chemical labeling, cleanliness and general safety. We use Diversey’s Alpha HP, a hydrogen peroxide cleaner and sanitizer, to meet many of our cleaning needs.
As required by federal regulations, we provide you an MSDS book covering all the chemicals we use, so if an accident ever occurs, or OSHA pays you a visit, you will have the necessary safety information on hand to protect your employees and firm.
CBN’s HazCom program details a wide range of possible scenarios, including chemical labeling, usage, and handling rules and regulations, MSDS requirements, all the way through procedures for handling blood borne pathogens.
Monthly refreshers, crew by crew
Monthly hands-on refreshers with our Operations Manager and Customer Service Specialist, keying on any deficiencies identified by database search of all client communications and recent inspections of the given crew’s facilities. CBN’s chemical use card system, simple, color-coded, and step-by-step makes compliance, safety and effective cleaning easy.
Thoughts on Safety
It’s a very sobering feeling to be up in space and realize that one’s safety factor was determined by the lowest bidder on a government contract.
— Alan Shepard
Our insignificance is often the cause of our safety.
There is no safety in numbers, or in anything else.
— James Thurber
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
— Benjamin Franklin
Your own safety is at stake when your neighbor’s wall is ablaze.
There is no “slippery slope” toward loss of liberties, only a long staircase where each step downward must first be tolerated by the American people and their leaders.
— Alan K. Simpson
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
— Mark Twain
American consumers have no problem with carcinogens, but they will not purchase any product, including floor wax, that has fat in it.
— Dave Barry
Life is not having been told that the man has just waxed the floor.
— Ogden Nash